Friday, December 31, 2010

Sylvester, aka New Year's Eve

Germans call tonight Sylvester. I have no idea why. So I guess Stallone is "New year's eve Stallone?" weird!

Tonight I'm feeling so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life, even if they can't be next to me right now. All the people who feel my presence, who ask about me and send their loving thoughts and support.

I realized that sometimes it doesn't take much to make an impact in people's lives. And sometimes you don't even know what it is. You are simply being yourself, and somehow that lights up another person in the room and brings a little more joy in their heart. I miss the wonderful people who surrounded me in Calgary, in the dance community, in the spiritual gatherings... but I know that one day we will reconnect again and again we will ignite each other, make someone smile, lighten up someone's day...by simpy being ourselves. But for now I am here and here is where I am anchoring my light for now, while sending love to all those who I think of often.

Also I can see clearly how human beings are suckers for tradition and rituals. That's what tonight is all about. Humans invented it to have a free reset, a free start over button. And hey, its works for some people!

No comments:

Post a Comment